Garlic Is Known For Treating Two Well Known Diseases??
Garlic has many uses but is best recognized for lowering blood pressure in people with hypertension. In some cases the numbers drop enough that no prescription medicine is needed.
This herb is one of the oldest and most commonly used medicinal plants there is. It contains sulfur compounds, including allicin, ajoene, allyl sulfides, and vinyldithins, which are responsible for its actions.
Also, twenty six million people in the United States have been diagnosed with elevated levels of blood sugar. It can be used to lower Glucose levels. Garlic can also increase the effectiveness of the drugs used to lower blood sugar in type two diabetes.
Other uses of garlic.
- This herb is used to treat Allergies and Asthma. It helps minimize allergic symptoms, one being a runny nose. Take a dose twice a day for as long as symptoms persist.
- It seems as if Alzheimer's disease is running rampant these days. We all know of someone suffering with this disease. Garlic used in animal studies has been shown to slow down brain deterioration in laboratory rats with Alzheimer's disease. Use this herb in cooking and eat up to six leaves a day or use capsules, just follow instructions. (Our last page on Ginkgo told about using this herb at the onset of Alzheimer's.)
- This herb can also be used for anxiety because it encourages the release of Serotonin which is a brain chemical that helps regulate moods. In other pages regarding headaches, it's thought that low levels of Serotonin can cause headaches. Higher levels of Serotonin act like a tranquilizer to calm nerves and relieve anxiety. You can chop 6 leaves up and put them in a cup of water, let it stand for 6 hours and drink, or buy capsules and follow directions. That's what I take, and it's very easy, and inexpensive also.
- Garlic can be used for Urinary Tract Infections because it's a natural antibiotic. Take several doses a day until symptoms subside.
- One of the best known uses of this herb is its ability to lower blood pressure. Garlic is a powerful blood pressure lowering agent. In some people their systolic has dropped as much as 20 to 30 MM Hg and diastolic by 10 to 20 MM Hg. Capsules, or three to ten cloves a day work for this.
- This herb also helps improve circulation and has sulfur compounds that block the build up of cholesterol. Arteriosclerosis (referred to as hardening of the arteries) effects many people by eventually becoming blockages. Another chemical in this herb helps prevent blood clots, expands the blood vessel walls and helps with increased blood flow. Cook with it, eat up to six fresh cloves a day or take the garlic capsules.
- This herb can also help to lower blood sugar levels. Twenty some million people are diabetic. There're several different herbs that help lower the levels of to much sugar.
- It's also been found to help prevent stomach cancer and enhance the immune symptom.
- This herb also promotes healing of ear infection due to its antibiotic actions, as well as healing diverticulitis, bronchitis, colds and flu, diarrhea, athlete's foot, and herpes.
Possible side effects.
- Someone sensitive to this herb may experience heartburn, and those taking a blood thinner or anti clotting drug should consult with their physician before taking. This herb has anti clotting properties.
Possible interactions of this herb.
If you take blood thinning drugs such as Warfarin (Coumadin) this herb can increase the potency. Also, if you're taking any drugs to lower blood sugar in Type 11 diabetes, check the sugar level often because Garlic may lower it to much.
We think information on herbs and vitamins are important for many people that want to take more natural approaches at controlling their aliments and diseases.
As you can see this is a headache site. We do know from experience that some headache specialist do recommend herbs such as Feverfew, Butterbur and Ginger for their patients. Vitamins such as B2 (Riboflavin), B 3 (Niacin)and even Magnesium (Mineral) play a role in management of certain types of headaches.
Sense this herb has blood pressure lowering properties and one of the first lines of treatment for migraine sufferers is prescription medicine in the form of blood pressure medicine, we wonder if it would help with headaches???
We hope the info on this herb help, and thanks for taking time to read.
Our last page was on another herb called Ginkgo. Our next page is about Ginger. The benefits of Ginger may apply to out readers ailments. Home page from Garlic.
For our Migrane sufferers that may want to seek additional help other than information, there's many products to choose from on Amazon to relieve that headache. You'll be surprised as to how many products are designed for headache relief, from medicine to pillows and so forth.
Look at the products below and read the reviews. They are all sold on Amazon for
Even pillows for migraines help tremendously when the pain originates from the neck area. Herbs and Vitamins such as the ones mentioned above are helpful for some sufferers. Most are very inexpensive, and you may find something that will work for your type of headache. All can be found by searching Amazons many headache products.